Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Texas Living History Association Conference
Items to Carry and Eat EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:12 pm by Annetteb

» Texian Market Days 2012
Items to Carry and Eat EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 9:43 pm by Annetteb

» Texian Market Days
Items to Carry and Eat EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 7:54 pm by Annetteb

» Plantation Liendo, Hempstead, Texas
Items to Carry and Eat EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:15 pm by Annetteb

» Rally Under the Flag
Items to Carry and Eat EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:12 pm by Annetteb

» Historic Washington AR.
Items to Carry and Eat EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:10 pm by Annetteb

» Hubbard reenactment
Items to Carry and Eat EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 8:48 pm by Annetteb

» 1856-1858 probate documents
Items to Carry and Eat EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 3:37 pm by Annetteb

» Chautauqua Assembly
Items to Carry and Eat EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 2:21 pm by Annetteb

Poll

You are not connected. Please login or register

Items to Carry and Eat

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Items to Carry and Eat Empty Items to Carry and Eat Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:36 am

Annetteb

Annetteb
Admin

In preparation for Henkel Square in a month, I have been looking around for the items I'll need, both online and in my home. I have come up with a few questions.
First, what is the usual mode of transportation for clothing, books, etc. In other words, what should I use for luggage? I may be able to scrounge up a chest, but it seems unlikely. Any other ideas?
Second, what are the commode situations at Henkel Square? (I'll be staying in the Muckelroy House if that makes any difference).

I'm guessing food will be organized by the house leader, so I'll find out what edibles to bring later, or that would be my next question.

Third, does anyone know where to buy an ink-well in Houston? I can do online, but I'm more inclined to handle what I buy than to order sight-unseen.

Thanks! If I have more questions (most likely) I'll probably post here.

Hi Victoria!

As for luggage. Are you arriving Friday night or Saturday morning? If on Friday, you don't have to worry about being period to bring your stuff in. Saturday morning you will. If that is the case baskets and carpet bags will do. I use those willow laundry baskets.

As for food, Debbie Russell should be contacting you about the arrangements for the Muckelroy.

There is a modern restroom on site next to the apothecary building which serves as the visitor entrance to the site. This restroom is only a one seat each for men and women. There is also a public restroom outside the site in the square that has 2 more seats each. If there are enough registered to warrant it, I may approach the site about getting a portable in.

Don't have any idea about the ink well. Hopefully someone else will pipe in with a suggestion or perhaps someone has one they can lend.

http://www.txcwcivilian.org

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]