Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Texas Living History Association Conference
Non-event Living History EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:12 pm by Annetteb

» Texian Market Days 2012
Non-event Living History EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 9:43 pm by Annetteb

» Texian Market Days
Non-event Living History EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 7:54 pm by Annetteb

» Plantation Liendo, Hempstead, Texas
Non-event Living History EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:15 pm by Annetteb

» Rally Under the Flag
Non-event Living History EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:12 pm by Annetteb

» Historic Washington AR.
Non-event Living History EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:10 pm by Annetteb

» Hubbard reenactment
Non-event Living History EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 8:48 pm by Annetteb

» 1856-1858 probate documents
Non-event Living History EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 3:37 pm by Annetteb

» Chautauqua Assembly
Non-event Living History EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 2:21 pm by Annetteb

Poll

You are not connected. Please login or register

Non-event Living History

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Non-event Living History Empty Non-event Living History Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:38 am

Annetteb

Annetteb
Admin

This is the blog of Anna Allen; she and some friends spent the 4th of July in St. Louis roaming around in period clothes. It just looks like so much fun; it would be great to get a group together and find something like this to do in Texas.

http://gracefullady.blogspot.com/2009/07/linen-frock-coats-and-pretty-dresses.html

A couple of friends of mine and I did kind of the same thing to visit the Dallas Museum of Art when they had the 'Bon Jour, Monsieur Courbet' exhibit of mid-19th century art a couple of years ago. We spent the day at the museum, had a nice lunch out, etc. It was a lot of fun (in cooler weather)!

Hal

Some of us have been talking off list about having a period outing for the day,such as was done in St. Louis over the 4th, perhaps a period picnic or just a nice walk through a site. We are looking in the area between Austin and the Metroplex to make it no more than a couple hour drive for anyone. Cameron Park
in Waco has come up, the Japanese Gardens in SA (which may be out of the 1-2 hour drive for some), and cemetery visits are also in the mix. If anyone is interested in this activity, let me know.
Annette

I'm interested, but it will all depend on when and where. SA would be out for me, but Austin to Dallas to Washington on the Brazos would be good.
Vicki Betts

http://www.txcwcivilian.org

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum