Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Texas Living History Association Conference
Fayette County Script EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:12 pm by Annetteb

» Texian Market Days 2012
Fayette County Script EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 9:43 pm by Annetteb

» Texian Market Days
Fayette County Script EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 7:54 pm by Annetteb

» Plantation Liendo, Hempstead, Texas
Fayette County Script EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:15 pm by Annetteb

» Rally Under the Flag
Fayette County Script EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:12 pm by Annetteb

» Historic Washington AR.
Fayette County Script EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:10 pm by Annetteb

» Hubbard reenactment
Fayette County Script EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 8:48 pm by Annetteb

» 1856-1858 probate documents
Fayette County Script EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 3:37 pm by Annetteb

» Chautauqua Assembly
Fayette County Script EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 2:21 pm by Annetteb

Poll

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fayette County Script

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fayette County Script Empty Fayette County Script Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:14 am

Annetteb

Annetteb
Admin

(I noticed that I am unable to attach the .rtf document so that you may print this out at your discretion.... shoot me an email at: cody.mobley at thc.state.tx.us for a copy of the document. make sure to replace the 'at' with '@' when sending the email)

All,
I have made some facsimile antebellum Fayette Co. scrip based on surviving 1862 scrip for use at the event in Feb. Right now I have only created a 5.00 note....I will see if I can find any lesser denominations and make some of those as well.

To print and use:
I recommend purchasing some cotton/linen 32 lb wt. paper from Office max or Office Depot for the repro of these notes.
(If unable to obtain any, manila paper will suffice)

Use highest resolution that you are able to use for printing

These notes need to be numbered, dated and signed with the county clerk and county chief justice signatures, I suggest purchasing some india ink and a nibbed pen to do this.

Sign all of them prior to cutting, and then cut out in a hasty manner....it's okay if the notes aren't perfectly square or have part of the edging cut off.

If you print these off of your inkjet printer at your house, the ink is not water proof so be careful when using...you may get accused of counterfeiting notes at the event. To waterproof the notes for repeated usage, either print on a printer that uses a fusing method of printing (though your india ink will not write when you sign this type of print) or purchase a waterproofing agent. I have had some success with this in the aerosol form.

Cody Mobley

The scrip is now on the website on the Henkel Square participantss page. Only registered participants for Henkel Square have access to this page. Once you register for the Henkel Square event, I will send you access information.

http://www.txcwcivilian.org

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum