Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Texas Living History Association Conference
Store-goods to display EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:12 pm by Annetteb

» Texian Market Days 2012
Store-goods to display EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 9:43 pm by Annetteb

» Texian Market Days
Store-goods to display EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 7:54 pm by Annetteb

» Plantation Liendo, Hempstead, Texas
Store-goods to display EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:15 pm by Annetteb

» Rally Under the Flag
Store-goods to display EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:12 pm by Annetteb

» Historic Washington AR.
Store-goods to display EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:10 pm by Annetteb

» Hubbard reenactment
Store-goods to display EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 8:48 pm by Annetteb

» 1856-1858 probate documents
Store-goods to display EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 3:37 pm by Annetteb

» Chautauqua Assembly
Store-goods to display EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 2:21 pm by Annetteb

Poll

You are not connected. Please login or register

Store-goods to display

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Store-goods to display Empty Store-goods to display Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:09 am

Annetteb

Annetteb
Admin

Deborah Thomas-Wilton and I brainstormed a list for the store. If you would like to contribute or put something in the store to "sell", please let me know.

Maybe some dried beans, we can remove some of the farm implements from the barn to have in the store for "purchase". I have some fabric that can placed, anyone else have some? Paper, envelopes. Hopefully I'll have some newsheets that we can put out as well. Perhaps a call out for some ready made clothes?

I may be able to bring some small items for display/sale there; such as fishing kits, lye soap, etc.

fishing kits? I haven't thought about that. that will be neat.

thank you.

What would you like in the store, besides foodstuffs, and farm implements? I have tons of fiber related items, some could be sold, but most are period. Also, a lot of woodworking items that could be displayed but not sold.
for the time period, the store shelves should be well stock, even in the frontier, we're on a train line and supplies are moving.

another thought...given that i spent today either harvesting wild hog or venison.. would jerky be approp. for the shop? and what about the honey we raise?

I think jerkey would be good. Honey is always welcome.

have a question. I have a lot of honey I can put up. What size jars/crocks do you want? And, I have a bit of venison jerky ready, I figured putting it in a glass jar, but how does one go about selling it? Or should it be prepackaged in paper wrapping in the jar?

I would put the honey in small jars. As for pricing either one, you can decide what to charge for it. If you want to do along the 1860 pricing guidelines, Vicki Betts might know that or be able to find out.

Pricing will be like at Boonesfield, MO event - 10% mark-up or mark-down: 1860 price - 30 cents; 2010 price 3.00

I don't mind keeping track of items sold.

What about some other toys? Say Jacobs ladder or Whizzers?

Quick question about actual sales are we covered legally no sales license that I know of. And who do we sell to. I assume just our fellow re-enactors? Sorry I'm still new at all of this.

The main customers will be participants. I'm assuming the prices charged will be cost, so in reality you are providing provisions for the weekend and are being reimbursed. Not really "selling" anything.

This is from the Comptrollers website

You are engaged in business if you or your independent salespersons make sales, leases or rentals, or take orders for tangible personal property, or deliver tangible personal property or perform taxable services; or have lease (personal) property, a warehouse or other location in Texas; or benefit from a location in Texas of authorized installations, servicing or repair facilities; or allow a franchisee or licensee to operate under your trade name if they are required to collect Texas tax.

I think the "store" is ok.

Actually, having to deal with the comptrollers office for the last 15 years, we do or should collect sales tax. Yes, we will be "engaged in business" "making sales"
One way around this, talk to Scotty and use their tax exempt status
Another, don't call them sales but donations
Another, limit the stores stock to food- tax exempt in Texas
But do do something because i've personally seen the Comp office shut down shops. We're probably not big enough>>>

Too complicated. If this is an issue I suggest not having a store. I don't want this to turn into a big deal.

Let's try this food items only for use by our re-enactors no sales to Public at all. No cash we keep a ledger and folks for what they use at cost at end of weekend. Purchased non food items are returned at end of event

Sounds like a wonderful solution

I agree.

Just an FYI. I contacted Silvana who organizes the events at Boonesfield in Missouri. This was her response:

the way we handle this is that we don't sell to the public (or at least, we're not supposed to.) Deborah runs her store on a strictly historical basis -- all in period credit, period money, etc etc. She settles up for real money with reenactors after the event is over. The main reason she can't sell to the public has nothing to do with legal issues, it's just because the site would charge her a $50 sutler fee if she ran it as a business.

http://www.txcwcivilian.org

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum