Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Texas Living History Association Conference
Twiggs Surrender EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:12 pm by Annetteb

» Texian Market Days 2012
Twiggs Surrender EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 9:43 pm by Annetteb

» Texian Market Days
Twiggs Surrender EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 7:54 pm by Annetteb

» Plantation Liendo, Hempstead, Texas
Twiggs Surrender EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:15 pm by Annetteb

» Rally Under the Flag
Twiggs Surrender EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:12 pm by Annetteb

» Historic Washington AR.
Twiggs Surrender EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:10 pm by Annetteb

» Hubbard reenactment
Twiggs Surrender EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 8:48 pm by Annetteb

» 1856-1858 probate documents
Twiggs Surrender EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 3:37 pm by Annetteb

» Chautauqua Assembly
Twiggs Surrender EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 2:21 pm by Annetteb

Poll

You are not connected. Please login or register

Twiggs Surrender

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Twiggs Surrender Empty Twiggs Surrender Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:47 pm

Annetteb

Annetteb
Admin

I don't have all the information yet other than the date. As soon as I have it I'll post it.

Feb. 12, 2011, San Antonio

Last edited by Annetteb on Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.txcwcivilian.org

2Twiggs Surrender Empty Ball information Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:40 pm

Annetteb

Annetteb
Admin

You are Cordially invited
To Attend the 25th Annual
Lace and Sabers Magnolia Ball
February 12th, 2011
The St. Anthony Hotel [NOTICE CHANGE OF LOCATION]
San Antonio, Texas

This event will also be held in conjunction with the 150th Anniversary of Twigg’s Surrender. A re-enactment will be held during the day and you are invited to participate in period attire and mingle with the crowd. Dinner and dancing will be in the evening, and ladies activities will be going on during the day. Rooms are blocked at the hotel at a rate of $129.00 single or double for Friday and Saturday night. Make reservations early as only a small number are blocked (30 each day).

R.S.V.P. no later then December 15th, 2010

Space is limited.
Cost: $85.00 per person
Visa, Master Card, Discover, Check or Money Orders
Call for credit card reservations: 281-651-9209
Mail Checks or money orders to:
Becky Noone
28011 Brendon Trail Court
Spring, Texas 77386

3Twiggs Surrender Empty Re: Twiggs Surrender Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:14 pm

Annetteb

Annetteb
Admin

Received from Becky Noone.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am asking for your support for the 150th anniversary surrender of Twigg's on February 12th, 2011. I will be holding a ball to commemorate this event at the St. Anthony hotel in San Antonio. This is my 25th year of holding dances and I want to celebrate this as well. I would love to see a huge event to mark this special occasion during the day at the re-enactment and also a large attendance at the ball that evening.

What I am asking is that each of you let someone else know about this event too. Rudy Kirsch and the SVC in San Antonio have been doing this event for years right at the same time as I have held my dances. These events have quite a lot of re-enactors, but I would love to see twice as many dressed out and participating to show support. If you could find it in your schedules to attend it would be awesome.

The dance will be at the St.Anthony hotel and I am accepting reservations until December 25th for dinner and the dance. I will have limited seating for dinner, but more room for just those who want to come to the dance and at a lower rate to just dance. This ballroom is a two story room with seating on the second floor for dinner and dancing on the lower floor. I would like to make this an event that can incorporate the two commanding officers that surrendered and a joint forces event. It promises to be fun and especially being Valentines weekend we can make it an evening honoring our ladies(and gentlemen) showing our love and devotion to them.

Please email me with questions, or any suggestions for this event. I am welcoming anyone who would like to do something special to attend and get with me for particulars. I am attaching the flyer, reservation form and tentative schedule of events. You may charge your tickets on any credit card you like as well. I have only 35 rooms blocked for Friday night and Saturday night at a special rate of $129 single or double at the St. Anthony. This again is a beautiful hotel and I am sure you will have a great time.

The Sweet Song String Band will play and Karel Whaet will call the dances. Don't worry about the steps as she guides you through the steps each dance. And gentlemen, ladies are ready to dance with you and have their dance cards filled. No one is a wall flower.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS CALL ME AT 281-528-9788 OR 281-651-9209

Thank you again for your support,

Becky Noone

Events of the Day

9:00 AM ~ assemble in front of the Alamo for Twigg's Re-enactment to mingle with the crowd in period attire.

10:30 AM ~ Approximately the re-enactment

12:00 Noon ~ At your leisure to mingle and visit the Alamo and stroll.

2:00 to 4:00 PM ~ Come and go afternoon tea in my suite. Shop for toilette items and accessories.

3:00 to 5:00 PM ~ Gentlemen's bar. Meet at The Menger Bar, or possibly the St. Anthony this to be announced.

6:30 PM ~ Meet in lobby of St. Anthony and proceed to ballroom for dinner.

7:30 to 11:30 PM ~ Grand Ball

4Twiggs Surrender Empty Ball Canceled Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:00 pm

Annetteb

Annetteb
Admin

The ball has been canceled for lack of participation. Bummer.

5Twiggs Surrender Empty Re: Twiggs Surrender Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:19 am

Annetteb

Annetteb
Admin

Anyone go to the event?

6Twiggs Surrender Empty Twiggs 2011 Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:55 pm

Deborah T-W

Deborah T-W

Hi, Yes Janet, Jim and I went. It was pretty well attended with a good federal and militia turnout. Kens 5 news website has a slideshow of photos. I got my new outfit done just in time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]