Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Texas Living History Association Conference
Event Update EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:12 pm by Annetteb

» Texian Market Days 2012
Event Update EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 9:43 pm by Annetteb

» Texian Market Days
Event Update EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 7:54 pm by Annetteb

» Plantation Liendo, Hempstead, Texas
Event Update EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:15 pm by Annetteb

» Rally Under the Flag
Event Update EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:12 pm by Annetteb

» Historic Washington AR.
Event Update EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:10 pm by Annetteb

» Hubbard reenactment
Event Update EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 8:48 pm by Annetteb

» 1856-1858 probate documents
Event Update EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 3:37 pm by Annetteb

» Chautauqua Assembly
Event Update EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 2:21 pm by Annetteb

Poll

You are not connected. Please login or register

Event Update

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Event Update Empty Event Update Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:03 am

Annetteb

Annetteb
Admin

As some of you may know I have been down with meningitis for the last couple of weeks so progress on the event has been a bit stalled. However, I did want to let you know that things are still go for Pioneer Farms.

The event for all intents and purposes is full except for militia impressions. There may be a spot or two for individuals with pallets, but all beds and cot spots are taken.

We will have a tavern although not in the structure first suggested; the bunk house at the time of our event will have carriages in it. However, canvas will be provided our tavern keeper.

The unit flag will be presented to the militia by Miss Victoria. This will occur around 11:00 on Saturday morning, location TBD, probably from the porch of the one of the houses in town.

Saturday night's gathering is being planned. It will be in the form of a potluck more or less. I will post more information on the participant forum toward the end of April.

Don't forget the letters to Illinois. That event will be the weekend after ours and is the same time frame. The timing of the two events will allow you to answer the letters over the weekend. We will have a participant who will also attend the Illinois event and she may be able to take letters back with her. This will provide a wonderful opportunity for continuity as well as a period activity for the weekend. I believe Vicki is looking at getting a new postmark made for our new location.

I would also like to remind you that if you have sent in a registration form but have not sent in your photo to do so as soon as possible. While it has not caused anyone to lose their space yet, it might now if a complete registration comes. To be fair, those who had completed their registration for the old site and those who provide a complete registration including impression and photo for the new site will have precedence.

Also remember, day trippers also need to register. If you do not plan to stay on site but still wish to participate or know of someone who does, please have your completed registration (impression and photo included) in the mail or emailed to me by May 10.

Finally, if you have a confirmed registration, please consider joining this forum so that you will have access to the participant forum, which is where most announcements and discussions on the event will occur.

Hope to see you in May!

http://www.txcwcivilian.org

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum